If you would like to take part in the cross country this coming season please could you register your interest with the following people: Juniors: Peter Venus ; Men: Marcus Byron ; Women: Steph Scott
Fixture dates and important information about the 2012-13 Season:
League dates for your diary:
- Sat 27th Oct – Blyth, East Cramlington Nature Reserve
- Sat 17th Nov – Blaydon, Shibdon Pond
- Sat 15th Dec – Jarrow & Hebburn, Bedewell Park (Monkton) **
- Sat 9th Feb 2013 – Saltwell, Wrekenton
- Sat 2nd Mar 2013 – Alnwick, Alnwick Gardens
- Sat 23rd Mar 2013 – Tynedale, PrudhoeOther cross country dates:
- Sat 6th Oct – Minors XC – Jarrow
- Sat 8th Dec – North Eastern XC Championships – Hartlepool
- Sat 23rd Feb 2013 – National XC Championships – Herrington Country Park
- Sat 16th Mar 2013 – British Masters XC Championships – Herrington Country Park
Bedewell Park is a provisional location for the Jarrow & Hebburn fixture, it may be Temple Park.There will be under 11’s races at all of the fixtures, except for Saltwell (Wrekenton) – so that’s 6 of the 7 fixtures.It is hoped to run to the normal timetable of events which is as follows:
- 12.15 Combined Boys & Girls under 11
- 12.30 Boys under 13
- 12.35 Girls under 13
- 12.50 Boys under 15
- 12.55 Girls under 15
- 13.15 Senior Men
- 14.00 Junior men under 17
- 14:25 Under 17/20 Women & Senior/Veteran Women
New for the 2012-13 Season
The U17 & 20 Women’s Race will be limited to around 5k.
Athletes U15 category and above, wearing the wrong number will be automatically disqualified. If you turn up at a fixture and don’t know what your number is, ask your team captain, or come to registration.
Following on from this – Replacement numbers are going up to 50p. It’s the athlete’s responsibility to keep the number for the whole season.
That’s all for now!