The 2012/2013 Grand Prix competition will kick off again in October. The first nominated race will be the popular Gibside Fruit Bowl Trail Race, hosted by Blackhill Bounders on 21st October. As usual, this race will be oversubscribed so early entry is recommended.
The format of the 2012/2013 competition will be similar to last year with nine nominated events throughout the year plus the opportunity to gain points from completion of any marathon between October and July 2013.
Last year, a total of 20 Harriers completed 26 marathons over this period, an excellent result!
Subject to approval by the committee, there will be age category awards next year to recognise some of the outstanding results returned by the male and female veterans in the Club. Details to follow.
Provisional list of nominated races:
- Gibside Trail Race (October)
- Hexhamshire Hobble (December)
- Old Monks Trail Race (January)
- Park Run (February)
- Northumberland Half Marathon (March)
- Hawkshead Trail Race (April)
- George Ogle Trail Race (May)
- Blaydon Race (June)
- Northumberland Coastal Run (July)
- Any Marathon between October 2012 and July 2013
The above list is provisional at this stage until confirmation of dates etc. by race organisors.