Division 4 Fixtures 2014
- 4th May Jarrow & Hebburn Monkton (Jarrow)
- 7th June Durham/Chester le Street Monkton (Jarrow)
- 12th July Tynedale Harriers & AC Wentworth
- 9th Aug Blaydon/Elswick Monkton (Jarrow)
Open to all senior members. We’re usually short of runners for longer distances (3,ooom, 3,000m steeplechase) and there are always slots for throw and jump events. All points are valuable – just taking part earns points. Fancy trying something new? Colin is happy to provide coaching for seniors in jumps/throws – look out for him at the track on Tues/Thurs from 6pm.
As well as competing, as a club we’re expected provide a number of officials for each event. Failure to do so results in Tynedale teams losing points, so it is vital that we provide enough officials to cover the duties allocated to Tynedale.
For each event we are required to provide the following officials:
- 4-Field Judges (no qualification required)
- 1-Track Judge.
- 1-Time Keeper.
For the events we host we need additional personnel e.g.:
- 1-Announcer (the chance to kick start that radio journalism career?)
- 1-Results Recorder
Please look at the events above & let Doug Maxwell know if you are able to officiate or help with any of the duties. If there is someone else that you think may be interested in helping out please let him know & he’ll try to contact them. Doug is at the track Tuesday and Thursdays from 6pm.